Sunday, December 28, 2008

Day 4 - Antigua

We did much the same thing in our next port of call, Antigua It was very picturesque when we disembarked the ship, as you can see from the photo below. Buildings with bright colors. Lots of shops. I wore a different pair of flip flops, but my already irritated feet just got worse and by the end of the day, my feet were swollen and I bore the flip-flop stigmata.

This is a photo of our ship from the port below. She's a big one!

Below is a different angle of the ship. Our room was one of the first rows of portholes on the bottom level. At night, when the seas were rougher, the water would splash onto our window!

A steel drum band was outside the ship to welcome us to Antigua.


We hired a taxi/bus to take us to a nice beach and a short tour of the island. He said he'd take us to the airport and I thought, "Why?" but as you can see from the pictures below, the Antigua International Airport is gorgeous! It looks like a resort when you enter it and the grounds are like the gardens of royalty. According to our driver it was all made by some Texas billionare. The airport grounds include a cricket field, a cricket hall of fame, a golf course, and several other buildings.








Another part of the airport.










This is the Dickinson Beach which is basically the beach used by the Sandals Resort. The yellow buildings in the background are part of Sandals. Beni and I were temped to walk up the Sandals bar and order a drink. How would they know?











Frankie, our little beach bum, sat down and struck this pose all on his own.




Since Frankie wasn't too excited with going in the water, he loved to sit near his cousin Anna and listen to her iPod.








My nephews Mike and Filippo rented jet skis
That night, the seas were rougher than they'd been. I had napped through Captain Mishelle's announcement that those who had motion sickness might want to take something, so after dinner, I felt the nausea coming on and decided to just spend the night in bed.







1 comment:

Tammy and Mark said...

Wow! I just read about your trip and all I can say is WOW! I am glad you made it and hope the rest of your trip is fun, the pictures are beautiful!