Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Madness Ensues

Today, was a good day. Having the relief of knowing my type, stage and treatment options and having told the boys last night, today was a breeze. I had to get two fillings this morning - you know, to add to the barrage of appointments, we gotta mix it up a little. Luckily they were easy ones that didn't need drilling, just air abrasion. In and out in 45 min.

Tomorrow, I have to be at Good Samaritan Hospital at 7 a.m. (I actually asked the nurse, "In the morning?") for another ultrasound, this time of my left breast. The surgeon said there was a tiny blip on that side and before taking any course of action, we should determine if the blip is cancerous. Therefore, at the crack of dawn, they will see if they can find said blip with an ultrasound. If so, they insert a needle and take a biopsy of the spot. If not, I schedule yet another appointment for an MRI/biopsy. After that appointment, I go to Bloomingdale to have blood drawn for genetic testing to see if I am BRAC positive. After that, I will need a nap.

Luckily Friday is a ME day! I've had plans to have lunch with some friends and then drinks and snacks with other friends since before our vacation and all the bad news, so I am really looking forward to some fun time. Saturday, Sunday and Monday will be a nice long weekend of relaxing. I may have lunch with another friend on Monday.

The madness starts again on Tuesday when I meet with my oncologist at the Central DuPage Hospital Cancer Center in Wheaton. Don't ask my doctor's name. I don't know it yet. Maybe Dr. Horvath? After Tuesday, I should have some definite answers about a treatment plan. Then it will be time to decide what my work schedule will look like.

Until next time . . .

2 comments:

Tammy and Mark said...

Thankyou for keeping us all up-dated. ENJOY your "ME" time!!! I am glad that you have that to look forward to. Lots of love to you and the fam!!!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there for the girls day. Hope you enjoy fully. Rina.