Sunday, September 11, 2011

Please Donate Today

One of my very best friends, Jennifer Archer, who has been researching online since the moment I breathed the word "cancer" has organized a team for me called "Friends for Francesca" for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Lombard, Illinois on Sunday, September 25th. I am flattered and honored that so far, Jennifer, my other besties, Megan and Sharon, two co-workers and friends, Esther and Melinda, and my brother-in-law, Sal, and neices, Anna and Rosanna are all going to be walking along side me. I've already looked at the calendar, and that weekend should be one of my "good" weekends, a whole week after a chemo treatment, so I plan to walk with my friends and family. If I can do this, so can you!

My friends, family and co-workers have all been so supportive and so I want them to be rewarded in this endeavor. We are walking and raising money to find a cure for this disgusting and life-threatening disease. The team's goal is $1,000. We are currently at $501. I signed up today and pledged the remaining $500. Beni also signed up and pledged $150. If you are local and chose to walk with us, you will donate $35.00 just by registering. If you live far away and would like to help, please make a donation. It doesn't have to be a big monetary sum. Every little bit counts! This is a great way for you far-away supporters to help!

Cut and paste this address and go to the site to join our team or make a donation:
http://chicagoland.info-komen.org/site/TR/Eventspx=10633289&pg=personal&fr_id=2251&s_subsrc=bfgetwordout&s_src=boundlessfundraising

Thanks in advance for your support! Lots of love to all of you!

No comments: