Sunday, September 25, 2011

Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure

Today was the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in which my family and friends walked or ran to raise money to find a cure for breast cancer. It was a great morning!


My girls, Jennifer, Esther, Megan, and Sharon (and I) before the walk. Missing is Melinda who went to grab something to eat.


My family who showed up to support me: brother-in-law Sal, (me), neice Rosanna, Beni, cousin Enza, and neice Anna at the bottom with the boys. Missing is my nephew, Michael, who was lining up for the 5K run.

Frankie sporting his free New Balance stickers.


Beni and the boys doing the 5K.



Our numbers for the 5K Walk



My awesome family and I about to cross the finish line.

The girls and I at the finish line. I walked the whole 5K! Now that's what I call kickin' cancer's butt!

Below are the names of those I walked for, some who didn't win their battles, and more who did!




My role models:




1 comment:

Tammy and Mark said...

Wow, what a wonderful event. Wish I could have been there with you!!! Loved all the pictures.