Friday, October 10, 2008

100 Random Things About Me

1. I was born in Berkeley, California.
2. I was baptized on the day of a 60's riot in Berkeley.
3. I am the oldest child of 3.
4. I have one sister and one brother.
5. I have been happily married for almost 10 years.
6. I met my husband on the internet.
7. I have two young boys, ages 7 and 4.
8. I am a first generation Italian-American.
9. I don't have any tattoos.
10. If I ever got a tattoo it would be a trinacria - the symbol of Sicily.
11. Both of my parents were born in Sicily.
12. I have been to Italy and Sicily twice.
13. I visited Switzerland once, for one day.
14. I have been to Mexico and Jamaica.
15. States I have visited are California, Illinois, Wisconsin, Nevada, Arizona, and
Florida.
16. I have naturally curly hair, but it wasn't always curly.
17. I am a high school English teacher.
18. My ears are pierced only once.
19. I live 7 minutes from work (and a universe apart!)
20. My favorite color is pink.
21. My favorite book is The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
22. My favorite movie is any romantic comedy starring Matthew McConaughey tied with Goodfellas (I know, a weird combo)
23. I have 21 aunts and uncles.
24. I have 17 first cousins.
25. I have three neices and two nephews.
26. I have three sisters-in-law and three brothers-in-law
27. I have been to Disneyland in California 5 times.
28. I have been to Disney World in Florida once.
29. I love to read fiction.
30. I hate to iron and mop the floor.
31. My favorite wine is Pinot Grigio.
32. My favorite soda/pop is Diet, Caffine-free Pepsi
33. My favorite fast-food is Panera.
34. My favorite restaurants include The Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen, Carraba' s and Biaggi's.
35. I love the crab cake appetizers at The Cheesecake Factory.
36. My favorite meal is Thanksgiving dinner.
37. I love the feeling of a full tank of gas.
38. I also love the feeling of a clean house (though that doesn't last very long).
39. My high school mascot was a gaucho ( a South-American cowboy).
40. I am the advisor for my school newspaper.
41. I am also the advisor my school's Gay Straight Alliance.
42. Things I miss from California include my family, the ocean, ciopinno, Noah's bagels and scones and blue cheese burgers from Fat Apples.
43. My favorite t.v. shows are Lost, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy.
43. My favorite random shows to watch when nothing else is on are Run's House, Bizarre Foods, Globe Trekker, I Love the 80's, Queer Eye, Jon and Kate Plus 8, and MTV Cribs.
44. My dream vacation is renting a villa in Sorrento for a month or longer in the summer.
45. My favorite perfume is Ralph Lauren Blue.
46. I suck at text messaging.
47. I must eat chocolate at least once a day.
48. Things I love about living in Illinois are friendly people, the change of seasons, and white Christmases.
49. Favorite season: Spring - once the leaves and flowers have bloomed.
50. I never remember when payday is. I must really love my job.
51. Songs that make me get up and dance: "Yeah" by Usher, "Push It" by Salt n' Pepa
52. I drive a Toyota Sienna mini van.
53. I'd rather drive an SUV.
54. I've been swimming in the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans and the Caribbean and Adriatic seas.
54. I've been to the top of the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
55. I've ridden in a gondola in Venice (my favorite city) - twice.
56. I've seen a shooting star.
57. I've seen a bear, multiple times.
58. I've had a bear break into my cabin when I wasn't there.
59. I've had three dogs as pets in my life- Muffin, Copper and Primo.
60. I'm not a cat person.
61. I love the smell of Easter lillies and Stargazers.
62. I love sunlight filtered through leaves.
63. I also love the way artificial light looks through the trees.
64. I love the outdoorsy smell of hot dirt and pine needles.
65. I love s'mores.
66. I love the feel of warm sun on bare skin.
67. I've won $200. in Reno on my first trip after turning 21.
68. I won almost $3,000. the last time I was in Reno.
69. I want to publish at least one children's book, hopefully more.
70. I hiked/climbed to the top of Vernal Falls in Yosemite National Park.
71. I've been to Death Valley three times.
72. I've seen the following artists in concert: Duran Duran, George Michael, Bon Jovi, New Kids on the Block (sad but true), Spin Doctors, Sting, Hootie and the Blowfish, REO Speedwagon, Pat Benetar and Peter Frampton (the last three were together at one show) and Harry Connick Jr.
73. I still love Duran Duran.
74. I have been in more than one car accident, though none of them serious.
75. I cannot tolerate most R&B songs.
76. I have recurring dreams where I cannot find my car.
77. I am named after my paternal grandmother.
78. I tease those I love.
80. One of my favorite childhood memories is spending Sunday afternoons at Tilden Park in Berkeley, Ca.
81. I once (accidentally) flipped my younger sister and brother out of hammock, causing them to become airborne for a moment.
82. I change radio stations when a Bob Seger or ZZ Top song comes on.
83. I wish I were more athletic.
84. If I could change one thing about myself, I would get rid of my gray hairs until I turn 65.
85. I fall asleep on my couch, and sleep there all night, at least once a week.
86. My intuition has never failed me.
87. If a movie were being made of my life, Tina Fey would be cast as me.
88. My nicknames have been Chechi, Checka, Cesks (as in desks), Fran, Franny, Franners, and Cescalina.
89. I shoplifted pages from teeny bopper magazines as a teenager (but never the whole magazine)
90. Most of my students like me.
91. Along with three dogs I have also owned a miniature rabbit named Nina, a canary named Gigi, and several goldfish, three of which were named Sonny, Fredo and Michael.
92. My stripper name would be Gigi Mendocino. (First pet + the street you grew up on).
93. My favorite toothpaste is original Crest.
94. The most influential television show in my life has been Sesame Street.
95. I am the queen of Brady Bunch trivia.
96. I am often complemented on my handwriting.
97. In a bold, enebriated moment I once flashed my bra to a passing car (or maybe there was no car) in the Kensington Cirlce.
98. I've peed my pants from laughing too hard.
99. I've never been so drunk that I've passed out.
100. Coming up with 100 random things about myself was harder than I'd thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you can revise the "17 first cousins" to add in the spouses, no? Rina.