Monday, August 22, 2011

God is Good

After spending my two weekend days feeling blah and flu-like, I said a prayer last night, "God, please give me the strength and fortitude (yes, I think both God and I laughed at that word, but it sounded right in a prayer) to get through my first day with students tomorrow. God is good and he listens.

This morning I woke up feeling better than I have in days. Relatively speaking, I felt normal. I got through the entire day with no meds for nausea or achiness. I met my students, for the shortened, half-day periods, and went through my speeches with ease. It wasn't till about 2 that I felt a little shoulder tension. At 9:30 p.m. I am going to take my first meds - my goodnight meds as I like to call them (a Wilhomena Johnson from A Raisin in the Sun reference for my English teacher friends) - and head to bed.

Tomorrow is my first full day, but if it is as good as today, I am not worried. You can bet I'll be saying my prayers as usual and hoping for similar results. God is good! Amen!

3 comments:

Elaine said...

I must echo the words of your friend that said you are an inspiration....I hope you have a great day.

Tammy and Mark said...

So glad to hear you were feeling well today!!! I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you will be well!!!

Nancy said...

Thank you for sharing this, Fran! Sometimes I overlook God's blessings. I agree with Elaine, you ARE an inspiration. Your attitude is very positive. I think of you all the time and offered my mass for you this past Sunday! Love ya!