Wednesday, August 17, 2011

More Great News Thanks to the Power of YOUR Prayers

I know that all of your thoughts and prayers are working! Not only did I feel more loved than maybe ever in my life yesterday with all of you texting, emailing and messaging me on Facebook that you were thinking of me, but this morning before 9 a.m. I got a call from my doctor's office with the CT Scan results. The cancer has not - I repeat NOT - metastasized! Hooray!

I am feeling fine this morning. Kind of a sleepless night last night due to the steroids they gave me to counteract the toxicity of the meds. I purposely stayed up till 12 reading The Hunger Games because I wasn't sleepy, but each time I almost fell asleep, I found myself coughing/gagging on acid reflux - not a usual occurance. Finally at 1:30 I went back downstairs, drank some Sprite, and watched an hour of HGTV and tried to sleep on the couch. That must have worked. At 5:00 Beni came down to get ready for his first day back at school and I went up to bed and slept a bit more. I have a really busy day with lots of errands to run before school starts for me tomorrow and am glad I am feeling up to it. Maybe I can sqeeze in a nap later.

Now, I go back to the original topic of getting a GREAT CT result. If you do not like profanity, please kindly stop reading here. If it won't bother you, and you can take it all in good fun, keep reading! Hey Cancer! Goodbye mutha fuckaaaaaaaaaah! [In the voice of the Asian guy from The Hangover.]

7 comments:

Sallie said...

YAYAYAY!!!!! Here's to more good news! Still praying!!!

Tammy and Mark said...

That is such GREAT WONDERFUL news!!! I'm so happy! And on a side note, I love HGTV, that is what I would watch in the middle of the night when Zac was a newborn. : ) Good luck with your day, hope the first day of school goes well for ya and you are able to feel READY!

Diane said...

happy dance and laughing!
Most excellent news.
trying to figure out who took over typing at the end of that post because that is just not francesca :-) but the msg came over loud and clear

Hope you get your nap in.

maryd131 said...

FABULOUS NEWS!!!!!!! I will continue to pray for you. And by the way, well-placed appropriate profanity is OK in my book any time! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Apparently I am rubbing off on my wife in some negative ways. :)

Anonymous said...

that's great news! and I agree with with the last phrase in your blog

debbie

Dana Bayer said...

Such great news- I am thinking about you and praying for you every day- you are such a strong woman- I really admire that! Please know I am with u in spirit as u fight this awful disease.