Friday, August 5, 2011

Tests Scheduled

So, yesterday, I posted that one of my frustrations is that the doctors seem to want what we do, which is getting this cancer nastiness in-check and out of my body ASAP but unfortunately, it seems that hospitals and insurance companies aren't as worried about me as I would like. My bone scan is scheduled for Monday, August 8th. I get to drink some Barium and then wait 2 1/2 hours until they run the test. Then I wait until the following Monday, August 15th, to have the MUGA scan and CT scan because I have to wait 48 hours minimum to get the Barium out of my system. That starts at 9 a.m. and ends around 1 p.m. I still have not heard a word about scheduling my first chemo. The waiting game continues . . .

1 comment:

Nancy said...

That's strange, I never had to drink any barium for my bone scans. If it's any help...they tell me it's better if it's cold so ask them to put it in the fridge!
I'm still praying, Fran!